For those of you that enjoy indoor cycling classes, I just have to boast about my playlist from this week. When you teach there are times when making a playlist takes about five minutes and other times when it takes what feels like forever. Once I start thinking about it too much, I lose my mojo. This week there were some new releases on iTunes that made my playlist making a cinch. This week we climbed at the beginning for quite a bit and then took it down, added in some speed, jumps, MORE speed, medium hills and then ended with SPEED AGAIN to top it off.
Here is a peak at the playlist with choreography…
- LunchMoney Lewis – Ain’t Too Cool ~ This is the Uptown Funk of 2015. Warmup.
- Audien – Rooms ~ 5,6,7 with an aggressive pace
- Justin Bieber – Children ~ Standing climb out in 3rd. 7 for resistance. Saddle during the verse, out in 3rd for the chorus
- Halsey – Hold Me Down ~ 9 to 7.5 in the saddle the whole time. No pace really, just get through the maximum resistance and then during the chorus release it for about 30
- David Guetta – Rise ~ MY JAM FOR JUMPS. 4 counts – fast counts during the verse, slow counts during the chorus
- David Guetta – Lift Me Up ~ Transitions. 3rd at 6.5 (just enough to get rid of the bounce) and then explode with speed in the saddle at 70% on a 5, 2x
- Kiiara – Gold ~ Isolations with tap backs! THIS SONG MAKES ME WANT TO GO TO A TROPICAL ISLAND AND SNORKLE
- Flo Rida – Dirty Mind ~ Anything Flo makes me move. Small resistance increases, Saddle, Standing, 3rd with quarter turn adds, 3 rounds
- David Guetta – Night of Your Life ~ I mean we all know Jennifer Hudson takes this to a smash hit. Get on a 5, then to 65%, 75%, 85% of cadence max, 15 seconds at each interval, 45 seconds total, 3x!!!! If they ain’t dog tired – they ain’t workin’
- The Weeknd – In the Night ~ I am so glad this is his new single. It is the best song on the album. Very MJ. Jumps during the chorus on a 7. add resistance after every chorus.
- Christina Aguilera and CeeLo – Make the World Move ~ WOOOOOOHOOOOOO. I thought with all the negative things going on right now I needed an uplifting song. Three sprints, 25 each.
Thanks for reading everyone!!!